Oppo F5 With 6-inch bezel-less display, 20-megapixel selfie camera and 6 Gb Ram Launched.
Chinese handset maker Oppo on Thursday unveiled its latest selfie-focused smartphone, the Oppo F5, which is also the successor to the Oppo F3. The new Oppo smartphone, much like previous handsets, focuses on selfies and comes with artificial intelligence (AI) beauty technology integrated in the front camera. The company’s latest selfie-focused smartphone at an event in Philippines, as it had promised. It has a 6-inch full HD+ 18:9 full-screen display and has a 20-megapixel front-facing camera with A.I. beauty recognition technology that scan 200 facial recognition spots to beautify a selfie shot perfectly and also offers bokeh effect. It also has face unlock feature to quickly unlock the phone.
The Oppo F5 is now up for pre-orders in Philippines and comes in two RAM and storage variants. The 4GB RAM and 32GB storage Oppo F5 has been priced at PHP 15,990 (roughly Rs. 20,000) and comes in Gold and Black colours. Another 6GB RAM and 64GB storage variant has been announced in Red colour though the pricing has not been announced so far. We can expect it to be revealed next week when the handset goes on sale in Philippines.
Commenting on the announcement, ice President of OPPO International Mobile Business Sky said:
The A.I. Beauty Recognition technology is simply emulating the abilities of a professional photographer, who would bring years and years of technical skills and experience when taking a portrait. An F5 user thus gains that similar ability to capture selfies that are of the highest quality.
The personalization is also important, because the blanket or one-style-for-all problem with today’s beautification software is also solved. For example, enhancements will not be soft or feminine for male subjects. Children or babies will not receive enhancements that make them look like adults.
Oppo F5 specifications
– 6-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) 18:9 FHD+ full-scren 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
– 2.5GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P23 16nm processor with 800MHz ARM Mali G71 MP2 GPU
– 4GB RAM with 32GB storage, 6GB RAM with 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
– Android 7.1 (Nougat) with ColorOS 3.2
– Dual SIM
– 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture
– 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1/2.8″ sensor
– Fingerprint sensor
– Dimensions: 156.5 x 76 x 7.5mm; Weight: 152g
– 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
– 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
– 3200mAh built-in battery
About Oppo Company